Sunday, 13 August 2006

Flashback 1997


During form 4 and early form 5, I never thought about studying abroad. All I worry about is my Archery. Only when monthly test or semester exam around the corner I became worried about my study.

The last time I was thinking about it maybe when I was in form 1. That was when I went to London to visit my Mak Long. She was studying medic in UCL. Actually she was specializing in sth about blood.


Just a few days after the world was shocked by the death of Princess Diana and Dodi al-Fayeed in a car crash in France, my father took me to Subang airport and we board on MAS then transit at Bangkok to take EVA air. After hours journey, we arrived at Heathrow.


My Pak Long took us to his home somewhere near Wembley. We stayed in his flat for the whole period we we there. l was very happy to be there for two reasons. First, that was my first time to be in the UK. Second, I was reunited with my mother and siblings. They arrived there few days earlier and I haven’t met them about one month before because I was in boarding school.


While we were there, we managed to visit some of the tourist spot in London. My family, my grandparents and I took the tour bus tour around London. One of the places I could remember is Trafalgar Square. Besides that we went to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court Castle. Those castle does not look attractive form outside but very impressive inside.


One day, my Pak Long took us to my Mak Long’s uni, UCL. We I just remember we took some picture and there is a red building over there. On the other day, we decided to try our hand on fruit picking. Even though summer almost over or over already, we don’t want to miss the experience. I found it quite fun, we can taste the fruit as well. Its free. Only the one we brought home, we have to pay.


After that, My Pak Long brought us to Oxford. Unfortunately we arrived quite late. The colleges was closed for public visit. Then we decided to take a walk looking around Oxford. I remember walking along the road, it looks like old road, like the one used when people use horses to transport. We took some picture in front of the Oxford merchandise shop and business school. My grandfather once said, “Wan nak tengok bila besar nanti hang belajar kat sini ( UK)” and I replied “InsyaAllah.”


It is interesting to know that I went to the same university as my Mak Long, even though I have never dreamt to study in London esp UCL. Maybe because of my parents and my grandparents prayer, I managed to study here, the university where I stepped my foot on before. That is how strong is the influence of our parents and family’s redha. Without it, I might not be able to pursue my study here. Don’t forget our parents wherever we are, whatever we become one day. Redha Allah terletak pada redha ibu/ibubapa (sila betulkan ayat ni…) Pray for them


“Ya Allah ampunkanlah dosa-dosaku dan dosa-dosa kedua ibubapaku dan kasihanilah mereka sepertimana mereka mengasihani aku sejak kecil lagi” Amin…

1 comment:

Wan Saiful said...

Bila balik sini? Bawak cili kering sikit boleh ka?

:-)