Sunday, 20 December 2009

Which marriage?

When we talk about arranged marriage, be it by your family, BM or matchmaking services, a lot of questions raised by people.

"How do you know she is the right one for you. You don't even know her! How can you rely on just few hours taaruf. Don't you think it is superficial?"

Yeah it's rather strange approach nowadays, where people tend to think love marriage is the proper way.

I myself could not answer the question. Then he who asked the question answered, "Yeah, you don't have to worry too much about that because we put trust in Allah." Yes, I agreed with him. When you make decision, you do not rely on the findings during taaruf alone, we practice istikharah. Pray to Allah to ask Him to show us the right choice. Whatever the outcome is, we just follow it because we trust Allah knows best.

He also commented that the proper way of getting to know your future wife is through taaruf. Though it seems superficial, I believe if was done properly, it is more beneficial, fruitful and you will get more sincere answer. I dont think you will get the similar outcome through dating.

After all, marriage is marriage. Be it arranged marriage or love marriage, so long that you don't get involved in anything haraam throughout the process of knowing you partner and making decision to get married, I think it that should be fine.

Are you love marriage or arranged marriage person? Tepuk dada tanya iman.


Note: This entry was originally posted at http://brotherabn.blogspot.com

2 comments:

ARISTIONO NUGROHO said...

Assallamu'alaikum Wr. Wb.
Hi friend, peace...
Your blog very interesting.
If you willing visit my blog, and read my article at http://sosiologidakwah.blogspot.com
And... thanks.

kentucky said...

kalau dah semua pilihan sendiri mak bapa tolak....apa lagi...arrange marriage saje lah T_T