Sunday, 24 May 2009

Mat Rempit

When just arrived home, I heard a very interesting comment regarding Mat Rempit phenomenon in TV1

The Mat Rempit phenomenon is unique and only found in Malaysia. Even in the countries that have similar climate as Malaysia does not have this problem.

His comment made realise that, yeah, where else on earth could we find a buch of people racing on the street recklessly & mindlessly using cheap bike and without any safety suits? Plus with extraordinary stunts? Nowadays, these group of people aslo associated with snatch and other crimes. It's really worrying.

This issue has been going on since last 20 year ago I guess. People are puzzled why this trend is on the rise and seems unstoppable. I wonder too? Why?

Perhaps, it is related to the emptiness in these young generation's heart. I remember the description of Clay's life during his life before he met Islam. He did a lot of dangerous and risky things to get the adrenalin rush just to feel alive. Perhaps this situation is similar to Mat Rempit. Stressful life, loneliness and lack of Islamic awareness pushed them into the pit of Mat Rempit. 

Wallahua'lam.


Christianity to Islam - Clay Abu Tariq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuI_Fag5xCc

No comments: